Cookies are small text files that are sent from a website to the user’s browser and then stored on the user’s device (e.g. computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.) to be sent back to the site on the next visit. Based on the subject managing the cookies sent from a website, there are mainly two types of cookie:
– Proprietary cookies are those managed directly by the proprietor and/or publisher of the website (Polimoda)
– Third party cookies are those managed by third parties who are not part of the website visited by the user.
– Persistent cookies that remain after the browser has been closed
– Session cookies that are sent to the user’s device/browser to meet technical and operational needs but which are not stored permanently on the user’s computer and are deleted at the end of the “browsing” session as soon as the browser is closed.
Some third parties may send cookies through PolimodaMag website, which allow them to understand the browsing habits and preferences of site users. Some types of third-party cookies allow us to collect statistics concerning the visits received by the site and browsing habits of users, for the purposes of making our websites a better place to visit.
– clicking on any link on the page
– clicking on the OK button on the banner containing the cookie information statement
Consent to receiving cookies can be expressed through specific browser configuration by the user. The majority of browsers make it possible to set rules to manage cookies sent by some or all websites, and this allows users to have a more precise control over privacy and the possibility to receive the cookies.
Normally in the browser guide (on-line help) it is easy to find information about how to disable or delete cookies stored on a device. For information purposes only, here is a list of links that may provide information for the main browsers:
– Chrome > https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
– Firefox > https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
– Internet Explorer > https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/196955
– Safari > https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_US
|Analytics cookies||A single casual number or a string of letters and numbers to identify browsers, times and dates for site interaction and marketing tools, or the reference pages leading to the website.||technical|
|Analytics cookies||These cookies are associated to the AddThis widget commonly integrated into the websites to allow visitors to share content across different platforms that focus on connections between users (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.). It stores the number of times a page is shared.||technical|
|fe_typo_user||Session cookies||Frontend session ID||technical|